Canadian Safety Council ATV Rider CourseSafety Courses
- Whether you use an ATV for work or pleasure or just want to brush up on your skills, this course offers something for everyone.
- One day course with students progressing through basic techniques to accomplish riding with confidence in a safe and controlled manner.
- Topics covered include proper safety gear, pre-ride inspection, range signals, controls, starting and stopping, braking, riding strategies, turning, riding circles and figure 8’s, sharp and quick turns, stopping and swerving, emergency stops, riding over obstacles, safe riding practices and environmental concerns, and traversing hills.
- Optional components available, including loading and unloading the ATV, and trail riding. Additional fees may be applied.
- Small class sizes of a maximum 8 students allows for excellent student evaluation and safe learning environment.
- Students must provide their own ATV that is suitably sized and mechanically sound. Rental units are available at additional cost if student does not have their own. Students must have an appropriately sized, safety-certified helmet and eye protection, as well as sturdy foot wear, long pants, long-sleeve shirt, and gloves, and any additional clothing that may be required for the environment (ie. rain gear).
- Registration forms and waivers must be signed prior to course commencement. *Refusal to sign forms will result in dismissal from program without a refund.
- Students must be a minimum16 years of age, and will be required to present photo ID to the instructor. *BCDL is preferred, but other valid government-issued photo ID will be accepted.
- Lunch is not provided – students are asked to bring a lunch. No alcohol will be permitted onsite.
- The ATV course is ran approximately 40 minutes north of PG – students must bring their ATV properly secured to the training site. The course is ran outdoors, and runs regardless of weather, so students must be prepared for all potential weather conditions. An outhouse is available onsite.
- *We can also provide training at your location under special request.
9:00am to 5:00pm
Certificate upon successful completion of the course.
$260.00 + GST
ATV Rental $750 + GST
- You must provide: An ATV that is suitably sized for yourself and must be mechanically sound. (If you do not have an ATV, ask us about machine rentals). You must have an appropriately sized helmet that is safety certified. Wear eye protection;- safety glasses not just vision glasses. Sturdy foot wear, long pants, long sleeve shirt, gloves. Additional clothing for the environment. Property waivers must be signed and students under age 19 require caregiver/parent signatures. 16 years of age and up. Under 16 years can be trained with the appropriate sized ATV and parent supervision. Smaller class sizes.
UPCOMING SCHEDULE OF COURSES
No event found!