Babysitters CourseRed Cross Training Programs
- This course teaches the necessary tools to be responsible babysitters while keeping children in their care safe and happy.
- First Aid Content Covered: Check, Call, Care (includes phoning EMS/911) , glove removal, recovery position, conscious choking (adult/child/baby/alone), illness, asthma (includes use of inhalerand spacer), anaphylaxis (includes use of EpiPen), poisoning, insect stings, wound care (i.e. minor cuts and scrapes, splinters, nosebleeds, bumps and bruises, life-threatening bleeding, burns), head, neck and back injuries, broken bones, seizures
- Students are also taught compression only CPR for infants and children.
- Babysitter’s Interview Form and Checklist For student download.
- Other topics covered include how to prevent injuries, appropriate game and toy choices, how to find a babysitting job safely, how to care for children of different ages and developmental stages (infant, toddler, preschooler and schooled aged).
- Successful candidates will receive a babysitting manual and a participation card.
8 Hours of course time
8:15AM to 4:30PM
Successful candidates will receive a babysitting manual and a participation card.
- Is mandatory to be at least 11 years of age.
- This course is designed for ages 11-15.
- Complete the agency registration forms prior to course commencement. The forms must be completed entirely.
- Provide a parent or guardian signature.