Occupational First Aid Level 1WorkSafeBC Accredited
- An 8 hour program designed to teach participants how to respond to the most common workplace first aid emergencies; including airway and breathing emergencies, CPR-A, bleeding and hemorrhage control, shock, cervical spine control, and sudden medical emergencies.
- Participants are encouraged to assist in improving pre-hospital care of injured workers by promoting (A) Workplace compliance with the OFA Regulation, (B) Effective interaction between attendants, employers, and workers, and (C) Efficient cooperation with higher levels of medical care, such as the OFA Level 3 Attendant, BC Ambulance Service, and hospital emergency personnel.
- Successful candidates must demonstrate competency in practical skills and achieve 70% or higher on a multiple choice exam.
8:15am to 4:30pm
Successful candidates will be issued a WorkSafeBC Occupational First Aid Level 1 certificate valid for 3 years
- Be in good health and physical condition.
- Photo ID must be shown to the Evaluator prior to issuance of a certificate.
- Provide a parent or guardian signature if under 19 – please inform us at the time of registration if the participant is under the age of 19 so we can email the registration form to have signed prior to the course.
UPCOMING SCHEDULE OF COURSES
No event found!