Occupational First Aid Level 2Worksafe BC Accredited
- This 36 hour course is designed to provide advanced lifesaving skills to workers that have quick access by the BC Ambulance service to a hospital – typically in larger low-risk workplaces or higher risk workplaces within 20 minutes surface travel to the hospital.
- What you will learn: Priority Action Approach, Primary and Secondary Surveys, Critical Interventions, Cervical Spine Control, Muscular and Skeletal Injuries, Obstructed Airways and Choking, CPR-A, Hemorrhage Control and Minor Wounds, Poisons, Records and Reports.
- Successful candidates must achieve 70% or higher on both practical and written exams. Exams are conducted on the last day of class.
- Have a look at the Level 2 Manual here: https://www.worksafebc.com/en/resources/health-safety/books-guides/occupational_first_aid_reference_and_training_manual_level_2?lang=en
Monday – Friday 8:15am to 4:30pm
with the first day starting at 8:00am
Successful candidates will be issued a WorkSafeBC Occupational First Aid Level 2 certificate valid for 3 years
- Must be in good health and physical condition.
- NEW! Student needs to fill out Occupational First Aid Statement of Fitness in order to determine if they need a medical completed by their physician. If determined necessary, a medical certificate of the candidate’s fitness (on a form provided by the agency, that is acceptable to WorkSafe BC) must be signed and approved by both the physician and the student. *Medical completed at the student’s expense and must be provided to Lifesavers First Aid Training Ltd prior to certification.
- Photo ID must be shown to the Evaluator prior to issuance of a certificate.
- Completion of agency registration and retraining policy forms. The forms must be completed entirely.
- Must provide a parent or guardian signature if under age 19.
UPCOMING SCHEDULE OF COURSES
No event found!