Occupational First Aid Level 2Worksafe BC Accredited
- July 1/18 WorkSafeBC released the new Level 2 program. This 36 hour (1 week) course is designed to provide advanced lifesaving skills to workers in industry that have quick access by the BC Ambulance service. They will learn to promptly provide injured workers with a level of care within the scope of the attendant’s training and objectively record observed or reported signs and symptoms of injuries, and refer for medical treatment workers with injuries considered by the first aid attendant as being serious or beyond the scope of the attendant’s training. Initial certification for your OFA Level 2 course requires full participation and course attendance. Successful candidates must achieve 70% or higher on both practical and written exams. Exams are conducted on the last day of class.
- Successful candidates will receive the WorksafeBC Occupational First Aid Level 2 certificate that is valid for 3 years.
- Have a look at the Level 2 Manual here: https://www.worksafebc.com/en/resources/health-safety/books-guides/occupational_first_aid_reference_and_training_manual_level_2?lang=en
Classes are limited to 12 students per instructor. Call to ask about our group rates.
36 Hours of course time
Monday – Friday 8:15am to 4:30pm
with the first day starting at 8:00am
3 Year Expiry. Successful candidates will receive the WorkSafeBC Occupational First Aid Level 2 certificate.
$800.00 – Price includes textbooks, and all supplies, including a pocket mask, partial re-breathing mask (oxygen mask)
- Must be in good health and physical condition.
- NEW! Student needs to fill out Occupational First Aid Statement of Fitness in order to determine if they need a medical completed by their physician. If determined necessary, a medical certificate of the candidate’s fitness (on a form provided by the agency, that is acceptable to Worksafe BC) must be signed and approved by both the physician and the student. *Medical completed at the student’s expense and must be provided to Lifesavers First Aid Training Ltd prior to certification.
- Photo ID must be shown to the Evaluator prior to issuance of a certificate.
- Completion of agency registration and retraining policy forms. The forms must be completed entirely.
- Must provide a parent or guardian signature if under age 16.