Occupational First Aid Level 3WorkSafeBC Accredited
- A 70-hour program designed for remote worksites or employers with large workforces more than 20 minutes from a hospital. All 70 hours must be completed, regardless of previous certification, to be eligible to enter into exams.
- OFA Level 3 meets the requirements for the Canada Labor Code and the Alberta Human Services OH&S Policy.
- Materials must be picked up prior to course commencement – participants are expected to complete required pre-reading before the first day.
- Successful candidates must achieve 70% or higher on both practical and written exams to achieve certification.
What you will learn: Priority Action Approach, Primary and Secondary Surveys, Critical Interventions, Airway and Breathing interventions, Head, Brain Injuries and Spinal Control, Pelvic and Abdominal Injuries, Hemorrhage Control, One person CPR-A, Upper and Lower Limb Fractures and Dislocations, Muscular and Skeletal Injuries, Oxygen Therapy, Sudden Medical Emergencies such a Strokes and Seizures, Poisons, Soft Tissue Injuries, Eye Injuries, Burns, and Ligament & Tendon Injuries, Records and Reports.
- Have a look at the Level 3 manual here: https://www.worksafebc.com/en/resources/health-safety/books-guides/occupational_first_aid_reference_and_training_manual?lang=en
Monday – Friday 8:00am to 4:00pm
Successful candidate will be issued a WorkSafeBC Occupational First Aid Level 3 certificate valid for 3 years
$1250.00 Including all Materials
- Must be in good health and physical condition.
- Student needs to fill out Occupational First Aid Statement of Fitness in order to determine if they need a medical completed by their physician. If determined necessary, a medical certificate of the candidate’s fitness (on a form provided by the agency, that is acceptable to WorkSafe BC) must be signed and approved by both the physician and the student. *Medical completed at the student’s expense and must be provided to Lifesavers First Aid Training Ltd prior to certification.
- Photo ID must be shown to the Evaluator prior to issuance of a certificate.
- Completion of agency registration and retraining policy forms. The forms must be completed entirely.
- Must provide a parent or guardian signature if under age 19.
Cancellation & Transfer Policies
- All cancellations are subject to a $150 non-refundable fee.
- Cancellations made less than ten (10) days prior to course commencement are subject to a $250 non-refundable fee.
- Cancellations made less than five (5) days prior to course commencement are not eligible for a refund.
- A $250 transfer fee will be applied if transferring to a later date than the original date registered for.
- If a participant does not attend their course, or chooses to not continue once the course has started, they are considered a Drop Out and are not eligible for a refund. Full course fees will be applied if the participant chooses to reschedule.