Occupational First Aid Level 3WorkSafeBC Accredited
- On July 1st, 2018 WorkSafeBC released a new Level 3 program, which introduced the use of clam shells, pulse oximeters, tourniquets and zap straps.
- As of July 1st, 2018 the exam is included in the 70 hours of class time.
- The student will learn advanced lifesaving techniques, as well as how to become fast and efficient in preparing a patient for transport to medical aid (including helicopter transport). They will learn to objectively record observed or reported signs and symptoms of injuries, and refer for medical treatment workers with injuries considered by the first aid attendant as being serious or beyond the scope of the attendant’s training.
- Have a look at the Level 3 manual here: https://www.worksafebc.com/en/resources/health-safety/books-guides/occupational_first_aid_reference_and_training_manual?lang=en
As of July 1st, 2018 classes are limited to 12 students per instructor.
Monday – Friday 8:00am to 4:00pm
Successful candidate will be issued a WorkSafeBC Occupational First Aid Level 3 certificate valid for 3 years
- Must be in good health and physical condition.
- Student needs to fill out Occupational First Aid Statement of Fitness in order to determine if they need a medical completed by their physician. If determined necessary, a medical certificate of the candidate’s fitness (on a form provided by the agency, that is acceptable to WorkSafe BC) must be signed and approved by both the physician and the student. *Medical completed at the student’s expense and must be provided to Lifesavers First Aid Training Ltd prior to certification.
- Photo ID must be shown to the Evaluator prior to issuance of a certificate.
- Completion of agency registration and retraining policy forms. The forms must be completed entirely.
- Must provide a parent or guardian signature if under age 19.
Cancellation & Transfer Policies
- Cancellations made less than ten (10) days prior to course commencement are subject to a $250 non-refundable fee.
- Cancellations made less than five (5) days prior to course commencement are not eligible for a refund.
- A $250 transfer fee will be applied if transferring to a later date than the original date registered for. *If the transfer is requested prior to course commencement and Lifesavers is able to replace the spot in the original course date, Lifesavers may waive the transfer fee.
- If a participant does not show up for their course, or chooses to not continue once the course has started, they are considered a Drop Out and are not eligible for a refund. Full course fees will be applied if the participant chooses to reschedule.
UPCOMING SCHEDULE OF COURSES
07 - 18
05 - 16
No event found!