Occupational First Aid Level 3WorkSafeBC Accredited
- A 70-hour program designed for remote worksites or employers with large workforces more than 20 minutes from a hospital. All 70 hours must be completed, regardless of previous certification, to be eligible to enter into exams.
- OFA Level 3 meets the requirements for the Canada Labor Code and the Alberta Human Services OH&S Policy.
- Materials must be picked up prior to course commencement – participants are expected to complete required pre-reading before the first day.
- Successful candidates must achieve 70% or higher on both practical and written exams to achieve certification.
What you will learn: Priority Action Approach, Primary and Secondary Surveys, Critical Interventions, Airway and Breathing interventions, Head, Brain Injuries and Spinal Control, Pelvic and Abdominal Injuries, Hemorrhage Control, One person CPR-A, Upper and Lower Limb Fractures and Dislocations, Muscular and Skeletal Injuries, Oxygen Therapy, Sudden Medical Emergencies such a Strokes and Seizures, Poisons, Soft Tissue Injuries, Eye Injuries, Burns, and Ligament & Tendon Injuries, Records and Reports.
- Have a look at the Level 3 manual here: https://www.worksafebc.com/en/resources/health-safety/books-guides/occupational_first_aid_reference_and_training_manual?lang=en
Monday – Friday 8:00am to 4:00pm
Successful candidate will be issued a WorkSafeBC Occupational First Aid Level 3 certificate valid for 3 years
$1250.00 Including all Materials
- Must be in good health and physical condition.
- Student needs to fill out Occupational First Aid Statement of Fitness in order to determine if they need a medical completed by their physician. If determined necessary, a medical certificate of the candidate’s fitness (on a form provided by the agency, that is acceptable to WorkSafe BC) must be signed and approved by both the physician and the student. *Medical completed at the student’s expense and must be provided to Lifesavers First Aid Training Ltd prior to certification.
- Photo ID must be shown to the Evaluator prior to issuance of a certificate.
- Completion of agency registration and retraining policy forms. The forms must be completed entirely.
- Must provide a parent or guardian signature if under age 16.
Cancellation & Transfer Policies
- ALL cancellations are subject to a $250 non-refundable fee.
- Cancellations made less than five (5) days prior to, and including the day of and “no-shows,” course commencement are not eligible for a refund.
- A $250 transfer fee will be applied if transferring to a later date than the original date registered for.
- ALL 70 course hours, including any missed time, must be completed in order to enter into the examination process. *An instructor may NOT be available to make up missed time, therefore students must make the commitment to attend all course hours in case one is not available. It is not the responsibility of the instructor to make up missed time. If an instructor is available, a $50 per hour ($12.50 per 15 minutes) fee will be applied to making up time.