S100 Fire SuppressionSafety Courses
- Upon successful completion of the course, the candidate will demonstrate a basic knowledge of wildland fire suppression organization structure, wild fire behavior, and suppression and safety procedures.
- Practical skills with equipment used in BC to effectively and safely respond to wildfires is a mandatory component for initial ticket holders.
- For industry workers who may be required to take fire control as outlined to the Wildfire Act and Regulations (loggers, truck drivers etc.).
- Annual certification is mandatory.
- The S-100 is a two day, 16-hour course with both a classroom and a field component. The annual refresher is a one-day, four-hour course and does not include a field component. Both the S-100 and S-100 Recert are good for one year from date of delivery. If a person has taken either course within the last five years, they would only need to take the S-100 Recert to be considered trained for the following year. If more than five years have passed since a person has taken either course, they would need to re-take the two-day, S-100 course again.
S100 Initial Course 2 days 8:00am-4:30pm
S100 Recert 4 hours 8:00am-12:00pm
Yearly Certification. The successful candidate will receive the S100 certificate
S100 Initial Certification – $260.00
S100 Recertification – $75.00
UPCOMING SCHEDULE OF COURSES
No event found!