S100 Fire Suppression & S185 Fire Entrapment Avoidance & SafetySafety Courses
S100 – Upon successful completion of the course, the candidate will demonstrate a basic knowledge of wildland fire suppression organization structure, wild fire behavior, plus suppression and safety procedures. Practical skills with equipment used in BC to effectively and safely respond to wildfires is a mandatory component for initial ticket holders. Successful candidates will receive the Ministry of Forests S-100 Fire Suppression certificate. For industry workers who may be required to take fire control as outlined to the wildfire act and regulation (loggers, truck drivers etc.) only require the S-100 training (not the S185).
- Annual Certification Mandatory
- Ministry of Forest is now enforcing 2 day programs for initial S100 ticket holders. Students recertifying are not affected by this.
S100 Initial Course 2 days 7:45am-4:30pm
S100 Recert 3 hours 7:45am-11:30pm
The successful candidate will receive the S100 certificate
S100 Initial Certification – $250.00
S100 Recertification – $50.00
- If recertifying their S100, student must show prior certificate
- Complete registration form prior to course commencement
- Provide a parent or guardian signature if under 16
- The S100 is the prerequisite to the S185
- Students must bring hard hats, work boots, safety glasses & hearing protection (ear plugs)