Standard First AidRed Cross
- Comprehensive two-day course offering first aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) skills for those who need training due to work requirements or who want more knowledge to respond to emergencies at home. Course meets legislation requirements for provincial/territorial worker safety and insurance boards and includes the latest first aid and CPR guidelines.
- SFA includes a CPR-C ticket.
- This course is equivalent to a WorkSafeBC Level 1 certificate
- Valid for 3 years upon successful completion of course.
*NEW! The Canadian Red Cross now only provides online certificates.
*NEW! Books will provided in the classroom for student use, students who wish to take a book home can purchase one for $10 or download a comprehensive guide at http://www.redcross.ca/crc/documents/Comprehensive_Guide_for_FirstAidCPR_en.pdf
The Canadian Red Cross has also developed a free app which contains step by step information and videos it can be found here: http://www.redcross.ca/training-and-certification/first-aid-tips-and-resources/first-aid-app
14-16 Hours of course time
Two days usually held 8:15am – 4:30pm
The successful candidate will receive an SFA and CPR-C electronic certificate.
$195.00 – Participants are given a pocketmask. There is no tax applicable on this course.
- Is recommended but not mandatory to be at least 16 years of age.
- Complete the agency registration forms prior to course commencement. The forms must be completed entirely.
- Provide a parent or guardian signature if under age 16.